When you think about it it's obvious...every generation changes and things become obsolete. However it seems like the digital age has sped up the process. Whether you have kids, are thinking about having kids or could care less about them I encourage you to take a peek at the article. No heavy thinking...it's a paragraph long and then a list.
Here are some of my fave things they call out:
- Joysticks: luckily I have an Atari and a good cache of games so I will be able to humiliate my kid when it's friends are over and I pull that out while they are all playing with their Wii 7.
- Putting film in your camera
- Taking turns picking a radio station...during a long drive
- Toys actually being suitable for the under-3s
- Han shoots first (and another Star Wars one: “Obi-Wan never told you what happened to your father.” But they’ve already seen episode III, so it’s no big surprise.)
- Looking out the window during a long drive
- Toys that were probably toxic but so much fun (Mattel Master Caster...so great)
- Playing with mercury when your thermometer broke
- Seeing good bands for $5
- And one thing I'm scared they will miss is Art and Music classes in school