If I remember correctly even though I have brown eyes our child could have blue eyes because I may carry some of the recessive gene..Staci's eyes are blue. But like the guy (I forget his name) in the segment I can use the dominant/recessive genes as a guide.
(Left: Staci, Right: Me with my grandfather (I'm the shorter one).
So if we go on straight dominance/recessiveness of genes here is what our baby will be like, unless noted the traits I pull out are dominant:
- Brown-eyed (me)
- Dark hair (me...although I had blond hair when I was young. I also had, and still have, sexy shoulders)
- Curly hair (Staci...maybe wavy because that is heterozygous)
- Full head of hair (both)
- Widow's peak (me....and I love it)
- No dimples (both but recessive)
- No freckles (both but recessive)
- No cleft in chin (both)
- Broad lips (I don't know what the specs for broad and thin are but I think mine are broad and Staci's are thinner)
- Unattached earlobes (me)
- Almond shaped eyes (both)
- Normal vision – sightedness (me)...Staci is near-sighted but that is recessive...I just got glasses this week but it's for minor astigmatism.
- Normal vision – not color blind or night blind (both)
- Only 5 fingers (both...apparently six fingers is dominant)
- Not double jointed (both but recessive)
- Immune to poison Ivy (me...I think I'm immune...Staci thinks she's had it)
- Will be able to roll it's tongue (me)
- Will be able to fold it's tongue (both but recessive)
I have an extra bone in my ankle called an accessory bone...I know because it lead to my feet hurting like a bitch which lead to some toe surgery a couple years back...the bone is still there. When I was talking to my doctor about why it's there he wondered if it's a vestigial bone or something we are evolving into...his guess was vestigial because it offers nothing good for how we walk.
I would have been more excited if it's where we are evolving to. Not sure if it's dominant, recessive or even genetic...I just know I hope our baby get's Staci's normal feet...but maybe a bit bigger though...she wears a size 4.5 show and it sucks for her when she goes shoe shopping.
Want to figure out what traits your baby will have? Check out the two links below.