By kenny friedman on Thursday, September 08, 2011
When you have a kid you know there will inevitably be things you can no longer do... Some are obvious some aren't.
I'm now learning the subtle things I can't do know that we have a toddler.
- I can't swear as much... Well that is kind of obvious... But now I can't even use substitute words. Like the other day when I said to our dog "Kalli, stop eating the freaking noodles." And Miloh then went around the house saying "free-in noo-noos."
- I can't eat anything that Miloh can't eat. I've tried to sneak things like taffy or candy that we don't want him to eat. He sees me every time and asks for it.
- I can't turn the light on or off in an airplane. Well I can if I want Miloh to turn it on and off for the next 40 minutes.
- I can't pull an iPod out of my bag before a plane takes off... As there will be crying when it needs to be stowed during take off.
- I can't teach him to head butt me. When he was super young I'd touch heads to him to say goodbye. Then one day when he was older he head butted me pretty hard... So we stopped that.
- I can't take my camera out. This one is tough because it means I can't get photos of him. But any time I take it out he scurries to my side of the lens and starts playing.