By kenny friedman on Monday, November 28, 2011
On both of my computers I have a playlist called "Music for the kid" both are unfinished.
When I'm hanging with MF I usually have the radio on and ask if he wants to listen to Rock and Roll or Classical... Three of four times he says Rock and Roll which is awesome to hear a kid say (and that statement is weird for me to be making because I think back at two years ago when people woud say "doesn't he/she say that so cute?" and I'd be thinking "No."
Since he's a fan of the Rock and/or Roll I'm trying to make a good playlist of music that I can listen to and that is good for MF to jam to.
I have a few rules:
- It can't be music for kids – I recently bought a Lisa Loeb kid's cd . I rather like it (Staci doesn't – but it's been confirmed that I'm right) but that stuff and things like it won't make the list.
- It has to be something I can listen to on heavy rotation because I know how kids are with music.
- And it can't have a lot of swearing. I'd say no swearing but I broke that with the first song so... Whatever.
- A majority of the stuff should be dancy... Kids like to dance... People like to watch them dance. Again I broke that rule in the first song.
- Can't be stuff that's always on the radion... And hopefully stuff that is never on Radio Disney
Nashville Tennessee by Frank Turner Just because I love this song
Beach Girl by Beatnik Termites one of my favorite Cleveland bands. Power pop/surf rock greatness. And kid friendly